Personally audited because trust is the key to success
Multiple matchings until you find the perfect psychologist
10min Intro Calls, always free
Just choose your time online
Appointments Online (or On-Site)
Book expertise from all over the country
Perfect match, meet, chat, pay, and settle
Safe and Private
Created, secured, and encrypted in Switzerland
Simply without Diagnosis
You don't have to be sick to stay healthy
How does it work? Simple: by taking the first step.
Any questions? We listen and answer
Why book a 10min intro call first?
Aepsy books a free 10min intro with the psychologist:s before the start of the consultation. Here are the reasons why:
- You get to know the psychologists first before you start counseling/therapy.
- Time slots for the intros are rashly available even with busy psychologists
- Problems are discussed and clarified, whether it fits.
- Final appointment setting is done together on the phone
- Final questions about billing are clarified
- Advice on whether an in-person meeting or online is a better fit
What will be discussed in the free 10min intro?
The design of the 10min intro is left to the psychologists. Basically, however, the following aspects are discussed:
- Reference to the personal challenge (e.g. life circumstances).
- Discussion of the specialties of the psychologists
- Discussion of the procedure.
- Agreement whether an on-site or online meeting will be held
- Questions about cost coverage
- agreement of the joint appointment
How does psychologist matching work at Aepsy?
- click on Start selection now
- answer some questions about your needs
- the Aepsy system evaluates matching psychologists
- a handpicked selection and the "top 3" are presented
- compare the proposed psychologists
- make a choice and book directly your 10min intro call
- get to know psychologists and choose who suits you best
- pay easily online, session by session, as it suits you
What is meant by "online" or "on-site"?
Psychologists offer online consultations and meetings in practice premises. It is also possible to combine the methods.
- Online consultations can be easily conducted from home. The effectiveness of online interventions has been scientifically confirmed.
- The office locations are listed on the psychologist's profile. In the previous selection, the desired location can be chosen.
- Combinations are also possible. For example, it is possible to meet the psychologist in person first and then conduct interviews online.
Start your selection here: Start selection now
How much do the sessions cost?
from CHF 150.
from CHF 69.-
- Aepsy mediates independent psychologists and acts as an intermediary.
- All psychologists follow their own pricing strategies
- The prices are listed on the respective profile page
Here you can find the personal profiles of all psychologists: Find Psychologist:in now
How does the payment work?
- Intros are booked / performed free of charge and without specifying the payment method.
- Follow-up sessions are uncomplicated online payment (credit card/Twint)
- You choose the appropriate psychologist(s) and pay for the sessions before
Will the costs be covered by my insurance?
- Psychotherapists listed at Aepsy offer sessions for self-payers / partial coverage supplementary insurance.
- No diagnosis/doctor's orders are required (model for basic insurance).
- Cost coverage varies from insurance to insurance
- The payment takes place online via Aepsy
- The receipt for the settlement with the supplementary insurance is simply generated as a PDF.
Here you can find a list of the biggest insurances with the respective additional insurances including the coverage of costs: coverage of therapy costs additional insurance
Here you can also find out how the system for the assumption of costs for psychotherapy works in Switzerland: Delegated psychotherapy vs. independent psychotherapy
No psychotherapies are arranged which are covered by the basic insurance (so-called delegated psychotherapy) and require a doctor's order
What makes the psychologists at Aepsy special?
- Psychologists are interviewed personally and go through a selection process.
- Qualitative and quantitative criteria are continuously checked by Aepsy.
- Only psychological psychotherapists and freelance psychologists who are recognized in Switzerland are placed with Aepsy.
- All have several years of practical experience
**Important: If you are in a life-threatening situation or need urgent help, do not use this site. Please contact these institutions immediately: Emergency
What is psychotherapy and what are the benefits?
There are times in life when mental stress increases so much that it is good to talk about it with a therapist. In the course of psychotherapy one receives valuable assistance. These are worked out together with the psychotherapist and have a lasting effect on self-help.
The benefits of psychotherapy are scientifically proven:
- Sustainable help for self-help
- Increase of the well-being
- Decrease of complaints
- Reduction of the risk of relapse
These are just a few of the clinically significant changes. Further, psychotherapy promotes personal and social skills, increasing psychological resilience and learning to cope better with a wide variety of stressors
What do psychotherapists do?
The profession of psychotherapists is equal to other expert professions such as lawyers, doctors or engineers. People who are mentally burdened, have a challenge in life or just want to talk about their problems with a specialist are right in a psychotherapy (or psychological coaching).
It takes up to eleven years of training to obtain the protected title of psychotherapist. After a psychology degree, an additional study of several years is added for the specialized title of psychotherapist. Psychotherapists are experts in the human psyche.
How do psychologist, psychotherapist and psychiatrist differ?
- Psychologists have a university degree in psychology. They deal with describing, explaining, predicting and changing human and behavior. This does not necessarily include psychotherapy training.
- Psychotherapists are psychologists who have completed specialized psychotherapeutic training in addition to their studies. They are qualified to treat people with psychological stress or disease patterns.
- Psychiatrists, on the other hand, have completed a medical degree, followed by a residency and additional psychotherapeutic training. They are authorized to prescribe medication.
Regardless of the training path, the methods of psychotherapy are applied equally by both psychotherapists and psychiatrists, so treatment is independent of basic psychological or medical training,
Why is psychological coaching in part less expensive than sessions in psychotherapy?
Although psy. Coachings of trained Psycholog:innen or even Psychotherapeut:innen are accomplished, one pays partly less. Here you can find why:
- Tends to be less intensive
- Often of shorter duration
- Often conducted online, resulting in
- Less costs for rent, travel and billing
How do chat sessions work?
We distinguish between two options:
- You make an appointment with a psychologist at a certain time.
- In your profile you will find the private chat
- At the appointed time the psychologist logs in to the chat.
- You talk simultaneously via chat during the joint session
Chat (asynchronous, not possible for first session)
- After the first session you agree to continue via chat
- Together you decide time frame and *number of messages
example: 1- 2 messages / week will be answered, 24h response time, 30min effort
- In your profile you will find the private chat
- If you have any questions just consult your psychologist
- He / She will answer you within the given time frame.